"Fatal error during installation. (1603)" error either when installing DeviceLock Service via DeviceLock Enterprise Manager, or locally using 'Setup.exe' installer
DESCRIPTIONAn attempt to install DeviceLock service on a computer with DeviceLock Enterprise Manager or 'Setup.exe' fails with "Fatal error during installation. (1603)" error.
COMMENTSThe error indicates that Windows Installer Service has encountered an error which is preventing DeviceLock Agent installation.
DLEM_install_log.reg (342 b)
Installer_log.reg (348 b)
1. Make sure that Windows Installer Service is started on problem computer(s) and that there is enough free space on the disk where DeviceLock Service is being installed to.
If Windows Installer service is running, but the problem persists please generate DeviceLock installation logs using 'Installer_log.reg' file on computer where installation takes place. Clear user temp directory %tmp% and system temp directory '%WinDir%\TEMP' beforehand. Installation logs will be MSIXXXXX.log
2. If installation is performed locally with 'DeviceLock Service.MSI' file, please generate installation logs using the following string from the location where the installation takes place, e.g.:
C:\Users\user_name\Desktop>msiexec /i "DeviceLock Service.msi" /l*vx install.log
Please send all .log files from the %tmp% directory to us.
3. If installation is performed remotely with DeviceLock Enterprise Manager console's "Install Service" plug-in, apply the "DLEM_install_log.reg" file on the computer where installation is run from, and then restart the DeviceLock console.
Reproduce the installation issue and collect DeviceLock installation logs:
- On the computer, the installation is performed from: %ProgramFiles%\DeviceLock\Plugins\serviceinstall.log
- On the computer where DeviceLock Service is being installed to: in the system %TEMP% ( %WinDir%\TEMP by default) or in the users %TEMP% in case of local installation.
DLRI_XXXX.log and DLRI_XXXX_msi.log;
4. Compress all *.log files into an archive (ZIP/RAR) and upload it to our FTP Server: ftp.devicelock.com.
Please contact DeviceLock support team for FTP server credentials.