High CPU consumption, DeviceLock Service hanging in 'Starting' or 'Stopping' state on system startup/shutdown, other similiar issues
DESCRIPTIONGot DeviceLock Service causing high CPU consumption, other similiar issues? Hanging in 'Starting' or 'Stopping' state on operating system startup/shutdown? We will need a process memory dump to diagnose. This article contains the how-to.
HOW-TO1. Download and install Debugging Tools for Windows: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/gg463009 (direct link for x86 systems:
2. In DeviceLock Service Options-> DeviceLock Administrators, set "Enable Default Security" flag;
3. Run WinDBG.exe;
4. Select "File\Attach to Process...", select 'dlservice.exe' from the list, press OK;
5. In the command line of debugger, type:
.dump /ma /u C:\dlservice.dmp
6. Wait until the dump is created and debugger returns message like:
'Creating C:\dlservice_0f50_2009-05-27_13-47-20-193_0454.dmp - mini user dump
Dump successfully written';
7. Send the file from c:\dlservice_....dmp to us.