IMPROVED- Setup routine for installation update and uninstall;
- Many internal improvements to DeviceLock Service and DeviceLock Driver;
- Many GUI improvements.
NEW- New optional component - NetworkLock (NL) with comprehensive context control capabilities over endpoint network communications. NL supports port-independent network protocol and application detection and selective blocking, message and session reconstruction with file, data, and parameter extraction, as well as event logging and data shadowing. NL controls most popular network protocols and applications such as: plain and SSL-protected SMTP email communications (with messages and attachments controlled separately), web access and other HTTP-based applications including content inspection of encrypted HTTPS sessions (specifically, webmail and social networking applications like Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, Windows Live Mail, Facebook, Twitter, LiveJournal, etc.), Instant Messengers (ICQ/AOL, MSN Messenger, Jabber, IRC, Yahoo! Messenger, Mail.ru Agent), file transfers over FTP and FTP-SSL protocols, as well as telnet sessions;
- New optional component - ContentLock (CL). CL brings more complex rules to "Content-Aware Rules". Now you can not only grant or deny access to information based on real file types but also create regular expressions (RegExp) patterns with numerical conditions and boolean combinations of matching criteria and keywords. Recognizing more than eighty file formats and data types, CL extracts and filters the content of data copied to removable drives and plug-n-play storage devices, as well as that transmitted over the network. With CL you can also filter shadowed data down to just those pieces of information meaningful to security auditing, incident investigations and forensic analysis before saving in the shadow log. This tremendously reduces storage space and network bandwidth requirements for shadow log delivery to the central database;
- Now in "Content-Aware Rules" you can create rules for image files based on whether the image contains text or not. This feature allows you to define special rules for document's screenshots and other images with textual information.
- New device type "Clipboard" to Permissions, Auditing & Shadowing and in graphical reports;
- Now when applying content rules to archive files (zip, rar, etc.), all files are extracted from an archive are analyzing separately;
- New "Archives content inspection on read" and "Archives content inspection on write" parameters to the Service Options which allow you to enable/disable the unpacking of file archives;
- Now the file type detection engine can detect images inside PDF files and MS Office documents;
- Integration with BitLocker To Go (BL2G), the Windows 7 native data encryption solution for removable drives. DeviceLock detects encrypted BL2G disks and applies special "encrypted" permissions to them;
- New parameter "Merge Interval" to DeviceLock Search Server;
- Ability to whitelist SSL connections, so that DeviceLock can be setup to allow third-party applications with embedded SSL certificates to connect to their servers;
- You can now define a custom message to be displayed to users when a denied attempt is made to use a network protocol;
- Notification message that is displayed to users when the content inspection is in progress;
- The user manual has been significantly updated to include information about all new features.