How to set up a firewall for DeviceLock components to communicate
DESCRIPTIONThis article contains the list of ports to be opened on the firewall for DeviceLock components to communicate.
COMMENTSYou can instruct DeviceLock to use a fixed port, making it easier to configure a firewall. However there are other ports that may be used for communication with DeviceLock Service and need to be opened.
RECOMMENDATIONSYou need to open 135-139 ports and fixed port specified for DeviceLock Service (by default 9132):
• Port 135 (TCP) - for Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Service;
• Port 137 (UDP) - for NetBIOS Name Service;
• Port 138 (UDP) - for NetBIOS Netlogon and Browsing;
• Port 139 (TCP) - for NetBIOS session (NET USE);
• Port assigned for DeviceLock Services (by default 9132) for RPC Communication.