DeviceLock« Endpoint DLP Suite 7.3 now shipping!
DeviceLock, Inc., a worldwide leader in endpoint data leak prevention (DLP) software solutions, announced today that version 7.3 of the popular Endpoint DLP Suite software has been released for general availability. This new version includes support of Microsoft Windows 8/8.1, Windows Server 2012 and Apple OS X.
What's New in DeviceLock 7.3 (versus 7.2):
- NetworkLock: Fixed intermittent issue that caused shadow copies of files transferred via the SMB protocol to appear as Skype "Chat" event in Shadow logs.
- NetworkLock: General improvements made in the Exchange MAPI and Skype protocol interception technique.
- NetworkLock: Added new Security Settings parameter "Block network if BFE service is stopped (Windows 8 and later)" which allows DeviceLock Service to block all network traffic when the Base Filtering Engine (BFE) system service is stopped.
- ContentLock: Added new Service Options parameter "Apply Content-Aware Rules to file/folder names". It enables DeviceLock Service to apply content-aware rules to file and folder names when users try to access, create, or rename files and folders for managed storage-based device types.
- DeviceLock: Added full support for Microsoft Windows 8/8.1 and Windows Server 2012.
- DeviceLock: Added support for Apple OS X. DeviceLock now ships with DeviceLock Service for Mac ľ the separately licensed component that provides device control functionality of DeviceLock for Mac computers.
- DeviceLock: Fixed print shadowing issues for Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook.
- DeviceLock: Improvements made in DeviceLock Service to increase overall stability of agent across different Windows operating systems and service pack levels.
- DeviceLock: Fixed issues in the "Install Service" plugin of DeviceLock Enterprise Manager (DLEM) console.
- DeviceLock: Fixed intermittent issue that caused DeviceLock Enterprise Manager (DLEM) console to stop unexpectedly when selecting the specific Service Settings template (.DLS) file.
- DeviceLock: Fixed intermittent issue that prompted the ôUnsupported service versionö error message for computers when using Monitoring tasks in DeviceLock Enterprise Server (DLES).
- DeviceLock: Fixed general compatibility issues with third-party software product: Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0.7101.1056.
- The user manual and program help files have been significantly updated to include information about all new features.
DeviceLock Endpoint DLP Suite components are priced on a modular basis. DeviceLock, a leading port and peripheral device access control component, can be purchased independently. As all components are included in any Suiteĺs installation, customers interested in the ContentLock and NetworkLock add-on components can deploy their DLP functionality incrementally by simply turning on additional capabilities as their security requirements demand and budgets allow.