DeviceLockģ DLP Suite 8.2 now shipping!
DeviceLock, Inc., a worldwide leader in endpoint data leak prevention (DLP) software solutions, announced today that version 8.2 of the popular DLP Suite software has been released for general availability.
What's New in DeviceLock 8.2.68523 (versus 8.2.68380):
- ContentLock / Search Server: Enhanced support for text and images extraction from encrypted PDF files.
- DeviceLock: Fixed DeviceLock Agent upgrade issues in some specific environments.
- DeviceLock: Enhanced support for Bluetooth 4.0 devices.
- DeviceLock: Fixed DeviceLock for Mac group policies fetching issues in some specific environments.
- DeviceLock: Fixed issue that caused performance impact on code compiling in Visual Studio 2012.
- Help files have been significantly updated for easier searching and to include information about recent features and enhancements.
What's New in DeviceLock 8.2.68380 (versus 8.1.66453):
- NetworkLock: Enhanced Facebook, Twitter, Vkontakte, and Odnoklassniki Social Network controls. When NetworkLock is able to detect the recipient of messages sent to these social networks, it specifies the real recipientís name in audit & shadow logs.
- NetworkLock: Enhanced SMTP, MAPI, IBM Notes, and Web Mail controls. When NetworkLock is able to detect the sender and recipient of messages sent using these protocols, it specifies the real senderís and recipientís names in audit & shadow logs.
- NetworkLock: Enhanced Facebook, Google+, LiveInternet, LiveJournal, MySpace, Vkontakte, and Odnoklassniki Social Network controls.
- NetworkLock: Enhanced Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive File Sharing web service controls.
- NetworkLock: Enhanced support for detecting and parsing inline images for Web Mail services.
- NetworkLock: Enhanced Microsoft Outlook Web Access (OWA), Hotmail, Mail.ru, Yandex Mail, and Yahoo! Mail Web Mail controls.
- NetworkLock: Enhanced Skype control. Added support for Web-based Skype.
- NetworkLock: Enhanced support for Mail.ru Agent, Jabber and IRC Instant Messenger protocols.
- NetworkLock: Enhanced support for HTTP/HTTPS and FTP/FTPS protocols.
- NetworkLock: Detection content-aware rules are now working asynchronously for SMTP, MAPI, IBM Notes, and Web Mail services.
- NetworkLock: Enhanced "Basic IP Firewall" function Ė the traffic is now blocked immediately when the data transfer begins rather than beginning when 8KB or more traffic had been generated.
- NetworkLock: Enhanced support for SSL traffic blocking using "Block proxy traffic" option.
- NetworkLock: Enhanced auditing for Connection events when the connection is performed using a proxy server. Now, audit logs contain the address of both the proxy server and the address of real destination host.
- NetworkLock: MSN\Windows Messenger protocol has been removed from the list of managed protocols as a separate application entity. All MSN\Windows Messenger connections are now secured if there are any access control and/or auditing, shadowing and alerting configuration settings are in place for the Skype application protocol.
- NetworkLock: Removed support for the iFolder (rusfolder) File Sharing protocol control due to the closure of their web service.
- NetworkLock / ContentLock: "Shadow Copy" option now available for all supported protocols (except "Any", SSL, and Telnet) in Protocols White List rules and Content-Aware rules for devices and protocols. This flag can override all device-level (and protocol-level) shadowing options. Also, "Log Event", "Send Alert", and "Shadow Copy" flags can be set to an "Inherited" state. This state allows audit, alert, and shadowing settings to be inherited from a higher level in the permissions hierarchy (device-level or protocol-level or Protocol White List level).
- ContentLock: Added ability to perform content analysis for files transferred to "TS Devices - Mapped Drives" when performing access control operations. Coupled with the previous abilities to content filter shared Clipboard activities, this is a major enhancement for virtualized OS use case scenarios where ContentLock is needed for inspection and filtering of RDP/ICA/RDS/VDI sessions [DeviceLock Virtual DLP (VDLP)].
- ContentLock: Added support to control Local sender Email(s) and Remote recipient Email(s) for IBM Notes, MAPI, SMTP, Web Mail and Local sender ID(s) and Remote recipient ID(s) for ICQ/AOL Messenger, IRC, Jabber, Mail.ru Agent, Skype, and Yahoo Messenger using "Document Properties" content filters.
- ContentLock: Enhanced File Type Detection support for "Solid Edge Assembly Document" (.ASM), "Solid Edge Draft Document" (.DFT), "Solid Edge model" (.PAR) and "Secure Porter encrypted file" (.SPD) file types.
- ContentLock / Search Server: Enhanced support for text extraction from .xlsx, .pdf, .wpd, .one, .pptx, .xlsx files.
- Search Server: New feature: Running searches by schedule and automatic emailing of search results.
- Search Server: Added new search options. It is now possible to specify Sender, Recipient, Source, and File Type options in search query.
- Search Server: Added support for Boolean operators (AND, OR) for all search fields.
- Search Server: New feature to keep Search Serverís index up-to-date. Search Server now removes records from the index when corresponding records are deleted from DeviceLock Enterprise Serverís logs.
- DeviceLock: New feature: The DeviceLock Enterprise Server (DLES) module can now deploy security policies to DeviceLock Service agents across the organizationís network as an alternative to manually via DeviceLock administrative consoles and/or automatically via Active Directory GPOs. Feature is meant for workgroups or non-AD LDAP environments. DeviceLock supports two ways to deliver policy template files from the DLES to agents: "push" (server pushes policy by DL administratorís request) and "pull" (DeviceLock agent can be configured to query for policy by itself on a schedule or the endpoint user can make ad hoc requests of the DLES for updated policy).
- DeviceLock: Added new DeviceLock Enterprise Server report: Relations Chart. Using this reporting option, system administrators can view relationships between users within the organization and with their external contacts. This report shows users connections for the following protocols: ICQ/AOL Messenger, IRC, Jabber, Mail.ru Agent, Skype, Yahoo Messenger, MAPI, IBM Notes, SMTP, Web Mail, and Social Networks.
- DeviceLock: Added SYSLOG support. SYSLOG can now be used as a transport for alerts and audit log events to a SYSLOG receiver (third party SIEMs and other monitoring applications/consoles).
- DeviceLock: Encryption Detection: Added integration with SafeToGo encrypted removable flash drives. DeviceLock detects SafeToGo drives and applies special "encrypted" Removable device type permissions to them.
- DeviceLock: Added ability to set specific DeviceLock Enterprise Server(s) list for collecting from particular user accounts or groups. When set, the DeviceLock Service sends its shadow copy and audit data generated by the named users/groups to the specified server, which is assigned for these users/groups.
- DeviceLock: Added "Quick Filters" option to all log viewers. Using these options, administrators can quickly filter log data to display events for current day, current week, current month, or current year using a single click.
- DeviceLock: Enhanced computer names resolution by DeviceLock Enterprise Server in IPv6 environments.
- DeviceLock: Simplified path change for DeviceLock Enterprise Server Shadow Log files storage. Now, simply create a new folder, specify it in serverís settings, and move all content of the old folder to new one.
- DeviceLock: Fixed issue that caused inability of DeviceLock Enterprise Server to collect data from DeviceLock Services in IPv6-only environments.
- DeviceLock: Fixed intermittent issue that caused inability to apply DeviceLock Service settings embedded in MSI package upon MSI package installation.
- DeviceLock: Fixed issue that caused lack of error message in DeviceLock Enterprise Serverís Server Log when report failed to send via email.
- DeviceLock: Fixed intermittent issue that caused data blocking failures when Content-Aware rules were set for Removable devices and the removable drives are unsafely removed from the system before the content verification process finished.
- DeviceLock: Added full support for Apple Macintosh OS 10.12 (Sierra) for the Core module.
- DeviceLock / Discovery: Added support for Microsoft SQL Server 2016.
- DeviceLock / Discovery: Fixed intermittent issue that caused Discovery and monitoring tasks not to be shown in console tree immediately after their creation.
DeviceLock DLP Suite components are priced on a modular basis. DeviceLock, a leading port and peripheral device access control component, can be purchased independently. As all components are included in any Suiteís installation, customers interested in the ContentLock and NetworkLock add-on components can deploy their DLP functionality incrementally by simply turning on additional capabilities as their security requirements demand and budgets allow.