DeviceLock® DLP Suite 8.0 now shipping!
DeviceLock, Inc., a worldwide leader in endpoint data leak prevention (DLP) software solutions, announced today that version 8.0 of the popular DLP Suite software has been released for general availability. This new version includes new separately licensed component DeviceLock Discovery, support for analysis of AutoCAD documents, Optical Character Recognition (OCR), support for synonym text search, and many more.
What's New in DeviceLock 8.0 (versus 7.3):
- NetworkLock: Added new WebMail service: Microsoft Outlook Web App (OWA, formerly Outlook Web Access). Using Service Options parameter "OWA Servers", you can specify certain server URLs that NetworkLock will treat as approved OWA servers.
- NetworkLock: Enhanced OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, Yandex.Disk, and Amazon S3 File Sharing web service controls.
- NetworkLock: Enhanced Hotmail, Gmail, Mail.ru, GMX.de, and web.de Web Mail controls.
- NetworkLock: Enhanced Google+, Tumblr and Odnoklassniki Social Network controls.
- NetworkLock: Enhanced Mail.ru Agent support.
- NetworkLock: Enhanced Protocols White List functionality for HTTP. Now it is possible to more granularly allow sub-URLs without allowing the whole URL site. For example, you may allow access only for "site.com/section/subsection" instead of the entire "site.com" website.
- NetworkLock: "Log Event" and "Send Alert" options now available for all supported protocols in Protocols White List rules.
- NetworkLock: Improved "Protocols blocked message" for Social Networks. Now it only displays when the user tries to actually access social network site URLs, but not when the user is just surfing web sites with like/share buttons referring to sites managed by the Social Networks control.
- NetworkLock: Cosmetic changes in Web Mail and File Sharing auditing to avoid excessive non-informative audit records.
- NetworkLock: Performance improvements made for handling HTTPS connections when wildcards are set in Protocols White List rules for SSL.
- NetworkLock: Improved handling of DNS names with wildcards in the "Hosts" field of the Protocols White List and Basic IP Firewall rules.
- NetworkLock: Redesigned Skype interception & control technique. DeviceLock no longer uses the NetworkLock DLSkypePlugin service to intercept & control Skype communications.
- NetworkLock: Many improvements in overall MAPI and Skype protocols support.
- NetworkLock: Many improvements in FTP protocol Auditing and Shadowing support.
- NetworkLock: Fixed issue that caused inability to block incoming RDP connections in the Basic IP Firewall control.
- NetworkLock: Microsoft SkyDrive renamed to OneDrive in File Sharing control.
- NetworkLock: Removed support for the Narod.ru File Sharing protocol control due to the closure of their web service.
- ContentLock: New feature: Optical Character Recognition (OCR). The use of the OCR technology allows the extraction of text from images (such as scanned documents, screen shots, etc.) for further content analysis by Content-Aware Rules. The built-in OCR supports the following languages: Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish.
- ContentLock: Added ability to perform analysis for text, images and embedded files in AutoCAD documents (.dwg and .dxf files).
- ContentLock: Added ability to perform analysis for metadata in Adobe Photoshop images.
- ContentLock: Extended the list of File-Type detection signatures. More than 1,000 new verifiable file types were added.
- ContentLock: Improved support for XLS, DOC, XLSX, DOCX, PPTX, RTF, EML, RAR, MBOX, DBX, and PST formats in Content-Aware Rules.
- ContentLock: A "Complex" rule may now contain up to 50 singular Content-Aware rules logically connected by Boolean operators (AND/OR/NOT) to conditionally block or shadow data transactions meeting this granular criteria.
- DeviceLock Search Server: Added support for synonym text search (English and Russian languages are supported). The synonym search is activated using the "&" symbol at the end of the word for which you want to find synonyms. For example, the search of "fast&" would find the synonym word of "quickly" if present in the audit log and shadow data repository of collected events and files.
- Discovery: Added new separately licensed component: DeviceLock Discovery. DeviceLock Discovery Server is a server-based component of the DeviceLock Content Security Server. DeviceLock Discovery is designed to scan users’ workstations and storage systems located inside and outside the company’s corporate network. It will scan and identify certain types of content according to pre-defined rules. Administrators can assign rules specifying what discovered content is deemed confidential, where confidential data should not reside in the organization and which remediate actions should be taken to secure stored data.
- DeviceLock: Improved the "Control log size" feature. New implementation reduces SQL Server load by DeviceLock Enterprise Server (DLES) during log collection when "Overwrite events as needed" or "Overwrite events older than X days" options are used to control log size.
- DeviceLock: Improved log viewers in DeviceLock Enterprise Server (DLES) and DeviceLock Content Security Server. Now DeviceLock Management Console performs better when trying to read large portion of log.
- DeviceLock: Added new audit and shadow log reports: "Top printed documents", "Top active processes" and "Top copied files by extension".
- DeviceLock: Added new parameter "Report TS Devices as regular devices". It allows user to treat mapped TS Devices as regular physical devices while generating a report.
- DeviceLock: New feature: "Shadow Data Access" option added to DeviceLock Administrators feature to disable access to shadow files to users without this option enabled. This applies to DeviceLock Service, DeviceLock Enterprise Server, DeviceLock Service for Mac, and DeviceLock Search Server.
- DeviceLock: "Log Event" and "Send Alert" flags in the Protocols White List and Content Aware Rules now override all device-level (and protocol-level) auditing and alerting options.
- DeviceLock: Added new administrative alert: "Notify if Service is uninstalled".
- DeviceLock: "Show policy for Mac" and "Show policy for Windows" options are added to Service Settings Editor and Group Policy Editor. Using these options, the administrator can hide parameters of DeviceLock policy which are not supported by the Mac or Windows platform currently being configured.
- DeviceLock: "Remove ContentLock Policy" and "Remove NetworkLock Policy" flags are now accessible in Service Settings Editor. Using these flags, the administrator can create a settings file (.dls) which will remove all ContentLock or NetworkLock settings that were otherwise pushed to DeviceLock Service.
- DeviceLock: New feature: Log Only. This feature allows DeviceLock and Windows to remain functioning even when a violation is found in the DeviceLock Driver code with the Enable Unhook Protection option enabled. An event about this violation will be written into the audit log instead of generating a fatal error condition.
- DeviceLock: General improvements to avoid potential problems with Clipboard, Printer and MTP device access controls, auditing and shadowing on localized (non-English) versions of Windows.
- DeviceLock: Improved printing speed when shadowing is enabled for Printer device type.
- DeviceLock: Improved memory performance in DeviceLock Service.
- DeviceLock: "Display Available Devices Only" and "Report Available Devices Only" options have been removed from the DeviceLock Management Console and DeviceLock Enterprise Manager as obsolete.
- DeviceLock: Fixed issue with BitLocker To Go encryption integration on Windows 8.1.
- DeviceLock: Enhanced PGP Whole Disk Encryption integration support.
- DeviceLock: Cosmetic changes in the main installation package – setup.exe, for simplified navigation and use.
- DeviceLock: DeviceLock Service for Mac now has full support for "Log policy changes and Start/Stop events" parameter in Service Options.
- DeviceLock: Many GUI improvements in DeviceLock Management Console.
- DeviceLock: DeviceLock WebConsole UI is updated to include all recent changes in DeviceLock Management Console.
- The user manual and help-files have been significantly updated for easier overall reference and to include information about all new v8.0 features.
DeviceLock DLP Suite components are priced on a modular basis. DeviceLock, a leading port and peripheral device access control component, can be purchased independently. As all components are included in any Suite’s installation, customers interested in the ContentLock and NetworkLock add-on components can deploy their DLP functionality incrementally by simply turning on additional capabilities as their security requirements demand and budgets allow.