DeviceLock« 6.1 just released!
SmartLine Inc announced the general availability of DeviceLock« 6.1, a release that comprehensively addresses the challenge of enforcing endpoint security policy and auditing activity for all plug-and-play ports, drives, and removable devices on Windows computers.
What's New in DeviceLock« 6.1 (versus 6.0):
- Audit records can now be automatically collected from remote computers and centrally stored on DeviceLock« Enterprise Server. This provides a level of security beyond using the standard Windows Event Log on every computer. Even users with local admin privileges can't edit, delete or otherwise tamper with audit logs set to transfer to DeviceLock« Enterprise Server.
- Now you can define what log should be used to store audit records. DeviceLock« Service can write audit records to the standard Windows Event Log that stores locally and/or to its own protected log that sends to DeviceLock« Enterprise Server for centralized storage.
- DeviceLock« can now detect hardware keyloggers. Hardware keyloggers are devices that record keystrokes. DeviceLock« detects USB keyloggers and blocks keyboards connected to them.
- DeviceLock« now supports Resultant Set of Policy (RSoP). Now you can use the standard Windows RSoP snap-in to view the DeviceLock« policy currently being applied, as well as to predict what policy would be applied in a given situation.
- DeviceLock« now supports traffic shaping, allowing you to define bandwidth limits for sending audit and shadow logs from DeviceLock« Service to DeviceLock« Enterprise Server. When the Quality of Service component is installed on a computer running DeviceLock« Service, you can set three types of traffic priority: high, medium and low. Medium and low priorities reduce the network load.
- Now DeviceLock« Service can choose the fastest available DeviceLock« Enterprise Server from the list of servers. When the "Fast Servers First" parameter is enabled, all servers are divided into three groups depending on their network speed and preference is given to the fastest. If all of the fastest servers are unavailable, DeviceLock« Service attempts to select a server from the group of next fastest servers and so on. If the "Fast Servers First" parameter is disabled, DeviceLock« Service randomly selects a server from the list.
- A new access right for DeviceLock« Administrators, "Change", has been added in DeviceLock« Service and DeviceLock« Enterprise Server. Users with this access right can change settings, install, and uninstall DeviceLock« Service or DeviceLock« Enterprise Server, but they can't add new users to the list of DeviceLock« Administrators or change access rights for existing users in this list.
- DeviceLock« Enterprise Server can now automatically cleanup logs (Audit, Shadow, Server) according to defined rules and in a way that avoids database overflow.
- A read-only access right for tape devices has been added.
- Now you can enable audit for tape devices.
- You can now export/import all DeviceLock« Service parameters (including permissions, audit and shadowing rules, settings, etc.) to/from an external file from DeviceLock« Management Console or DeviceLock« Group Policy Manager. To avoid unauthorized modification this file can be signed with DeviceLock« Certificate using the DeviceLock« Signing Tool. Upon receiving this signed file, the user can import new settings using the DeviceLock« applet from the Control Panel. This setup method is ideal when a user computer is not online and thus out-of-reach via management consoles. Moreover, using this export/import feature, DeviceLock« Administrators can create and save a standard template and use it for applying settings to new computers.
- The DeviceLock« Temporary White List Administration Tool is now a part of the DeviceLock« Signing Tool.
- The DeviceLock« Temporary White List Authorization Tool is now a part of the DeviceLock« applet. To use the Temporary White List feature, users should run the DeviceLock« applet from Control Panel.
Existing customers that are still within their one-year free maintenance period can use this new version without any fee!
Other customers can also receive an upgrade but for the additional fee. If you want to purchase an upgrade, please e-mail us at