DeviceLock® DLP Suite 8.3 now shipping!
DeviceLock, Inc., a worldwide leader in endpoint data leak prevention (DLP) software solutions, announced today that version 8.3 of the popular DLP Suite software has been released for general availability.
What's New in DeviceLock 8.3.72562 (versus 8.2.71495):
- NetworkLock: Added new File Sharing protocol control services: MEGA and GitHub.
- NetworkLock: Enhanced 4shared File Sharing control.
- NetworkLock: Enhanced Gmail Web Mail control.
- NetworkLock: Enhanced Skype control for new Skype versions (8.x and 12.x).
- NetworkLock: Enhanced SMB protocol support. There are several changes: Protocol Permissions can now control incoming files, Content-Aware Rules for Permissions can now handle outgoing files (including those ones being transferred via protocol-whitelisted connections). Performance of SMB interception was significantly improved for outgoing SMB connections.
- NetworkLock: Optimized NetworkLock performance for some specific scenarios.
- ContentLock / Discovery: Added new content detection method – "Digital Fingerprints". Digital fingerprinting is a technique that DeviceLock employs to identify data transmitted across managed devices and network protocols. This technique leverages the concept of mapping documents or files to collections of relatively short alphanumeric strings (hashes), that are referred to as digital fingerprints, that can help to uniquely identify and classify the data held in the document or file for all practical purposes like data security and compliance. Digital fingerprints can be used to identify complete documents as well as pieces of documents, even if the document has been changed from the original. Fingerprints allow the contents of the document to be identified reliably, despite possible distortion caused by adding non-essential information (individual characters, insignificant words, etc.).
- ContentLock / Discovery: Added functionality to specify custom Document Properties and their values to match against custom properties of compound documents, modern MS Office formats, and PDF files.
- ContentLock / Discovery: As a part of Document Properties groups, implemented ability to read Boldon James classifications from compound documents, modern MS Office formats, and PDF files and then apply Content-Aware Rules based on those classifications.
- ContentLock / Discovery: Enhanced dialog for editing regular expression-based rule template groups, and the following options are added for regular expressions: "Case sensitive", "Visual anti-spoofing", "Cyrillic transliteration".
- ContentLock / Discovery: Added new regular expression patterns with respective validators: "Russian: OGRNIP", "Russian: OKATO", "Russian: Correspondent Account", "Russian: Social Card", "Russian: Passport Issuer Department Code", "Russian: KPP", "Russian: OKOGU", "Russian: KFS", "Russian: OKOPF", "Credit Card Dump", and "Bulgarian: EGN".
- ContentLock / Discovery: Added new regular expression patterns: "Russian: Employment Record Book Number", "Russian: Diplomatic Passport", and "USSR Passport".
- ContentLock / Discovery: Following regular expression patterns were updated: "Russian: Pension Insurance Number", "Russian: Passport", and "Russian: International Passport".
- ContentLock / Discovery: Content-Aware rule group can now be viewed directly from the "Edit Rule" dialog using "View Group" button.
- ContentLock / Discovery: Enhanced detection of password-protected AutoCAD drawings and MS Visio files with Document Properties groups-based rules.
- ContentLock / Discovery / Search Server: Enhanced support for text extraction from .pdf and .wpd files.
- DeviceLock: Added support for Windows 10 version 1803.
- DeviceLock: DeviceLock Enterprise Server now supports SQL Server drivers with TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2.
- DeviceLock: Monitoring functionality of DeviceLock Enterprise Server can now show the exact parameters that differ in the local endpoint agent’s policy as compared to the desired policy file in the Monitoring task.
- DeviceLock: DeviceLock Agent now logs an audit record of the policy file’s file name when settings are loaded from that .dls file.
- DeviceLock: Added new event type for the Audit Log: "Warning". This "Warning" type can be assigned to events related to conditions that may cause a problem unless action is taken. For instance, a "Warning" can be caused by an issue caused if a Content-Aware Rule for particularly sensitive content detection or permissions is triggered.
DeviceLock DLP Suite components are priced on a modular basis. DeviceLock, a leading port and peripheral device access control component, can be purchased independently. As all components are included in any Suite’s installation, customers interested in the ContentLock and NetworkLock add-on components can deploy their DLP functionality incrementally by simply turning on additional capabilities as their security requirements demand and budgets allow.