DeviceLock® DLP Suite 8.1 now shipping!
DeviceLock, Inc., a worldwide leader in endpoint data leak prevention (DLP) software solutions, announced today that version 8.1 of the popular DLP Suite software has been released for general availability.
What's New in DeviceLock 8.1 (versus 8.0):
- NetworkLock: Added new File Sharing protocol control services: iCloud and Cloud Mail.ru. When using iCloud Mail, outgoing email messages are intercepted and controlled by POST Requests permission.
- NetworkLock: Added new protocol: "IBM Notes" for handling IBM Domino email transactions via NRPC protocol using the IBM Notes (formerly Lotus Notes) client. "IBM Notes" supports blocking, allowing, auditing, alerting, shadowing and content analysis separately for outgoing messages and file attachments as well as auditing, alerting, shadowing and content analysis (for contingent shadowing) for incoming messages and file attachments.
- NetworkLock: Added new protocol: "Torrent". "Torrent" control supports contextual blocking, allowing, auditing, alerting for connections established by torrent-clients with their servers and peers.
- NetworkLock: Added new protocol: "WhatsApp Web". "WhatsApp Web" control supports contextual blocking, allowing, auditing and alerting for connections established by browsers with WhatsApp Web service site.
- NetworkLock: Enhanced Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, Yandex.Disk and Rusfolder File Sharing web service controls.
- NetworkLock: Enhanced Microsoft Outlook Web Access (OWA), Yahoo! Mail, AOL Mail, Rambler Mail, GMX.de and web.de Web Mail controls.
- NetworkLock: Enhanced Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, Disqus, LiveJournal, Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki and XING Social Network controls.
- NetworkLock: Enhanced Microsoft Outlook 2007 and 2016 MAPI control.
- NetworkLock: Enhanced controls for Skype and Microsoft Outlook when respective application executable file is renamed or modified.
- NetworkLock: Expanded the "Intercept MS Lync connections" Security Settings parameter to include Skype for Business 2015 network communications.
- NetworkLock: Improved support for Google web services when using Chrome browser and other browsers based on Chromium.
- NetworkLock: Removed support for the RapidShare File Sharing protocol control due to the closure of their web service.
- ContentLock: Enhanced "Add Rule" dialog. Now it is possible to select device types (or protocols) and see actions available for all selected devices (or protocols). In resulting rule, only the actions applicable for particular device type (or protocol) are effective.
- ContentLock: Enhanced logic for Allow Shadowing rules when applying them to containers (archives or Microsoft Office documents).
- ContentLock: Enhanced support for extraction of PDF files and "ArcText" elements from AutoCAD drawings.
- ContentLock: "Text extraction not supported" option in Document Properties rule group can now be used to allow multi-volume archive transfers.
- ContentLock: Fixed issue that caused "Less than" condition for "File size" parameter of "Document Properties" rule group to work incorrectly.
- ContentLock: Added regular expression validator "Credit Card Number (Diners Club Carte Blanche)".
- ContentLock: Added new pattern and validator: "Japan: Social Security and Tax Number System".
- ContentLock: Enhanced OCR functionality.
- ContentLock / Search Server: Enhanced support for text extraction from .doc, .pdf, .rar, .docx, .xlsx, .msg, .one, .pages files.
- ContentLock / Search Server: ContentLock and Search Server are now able to derive text and images from encrypted PDF files if the type of encryption in the file is one of the following: 40-bit RC4, 128-bit RC4, 128-bit AES and 256-bit AES, and the file permissions do not disable text extraction.
- ContentLock / Discovery: Enhanced "Document Properties" – "Modified" Control.
- Search Server: New feature: Optical Character Recognition (OCR). The use of the OCR technology allows the extraction of text from images (such as scanned documents, screen shots, etc.) for further indexing by Search Server. The built-in OCR supports the following languages: Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish. The following image files are supported for OCR processing: BMP files, Dr. Halo CUT files, DDS files, EXR files, Raw Fax G3 files, GIF files, HDR files, ICO files, IFF files (except Maya IFF files), JBIG files, JNG files, JPEG/JIF files, JPEG-2000 files, JPEG-2000 codestream files, KOALA files, Kodak PhotoCD files, MNG files, PCX files, PBM/PGM/PPM files, PFM files, PNG files, Macintosh PICT files, Photoshop PSD files, RAW camera files, Sun RAS files, SGI files, TARGA files, TIFF files, WBMP files, XBM files, and XPM files.
- Search Server: Improvements in overall server service stability.
- Discovery: DeviceLock Discovery now able to scan local synchronization folders of cloud-based file hosting applications. The following services are supported: Amazon Cloud Drive, Box, Cloud Mail.ru, Copy, Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud, MediaFire, OneDrive, SpiderOak, SugarSync, Yandex.Disk. Discovery Agent automatically detects all synchronization folders on computer for selected services and performs scanning and configured Discovery actions for files stored in these folders.
- Discovery: The DeviceLock Discovery Server now supports scanning for "Predefined" paths while in agentless mode.
- DeviceLock: New Content-Aware rule type – Detection. Such rules do not allow or deny the data transfer. The data stream is analyzed and it will only log or alert special informational events if matched content is found in the data stream. In most cases, the processing of these rules is made asynchronously and data transfer performs faster for endpoint users (compared to Permissions rules).
- DeviceLock: There are two new user pop-up messages: "Devices blocked read message" and "Devices blocked write message". These messages are shown when respective read or write attempts are blocked by both implied and explicit device permissions.
- DeviceLock: DeviceLock Enterprise Server now able to install, update and uninstall DeviceLock Service on remote computers using Monitoring feature.
- DeviceLock: DeviceLock Enterprise Server and DeviceLock Content Security Server automatically add and remove themselves to Windows Firewall exclusion list when installed or uninstalled.
- DeviceLock: Added support for shadow copying of files written to TS Devices – Mapped drives. Content Aware Rules for shadow copy operations are also supported.
- DeviceLock: There are two new fields in Shadow Log Viewer: "File Type" and "Protected". File type displays the real type of the file in the shadow log based on its signature. Protected field contains information about protection methods for password-protected or encrypted files.
- DeviceLock: It is now possible to view the list of attachments (the name and size of attached file/s) for MAPI, SMTP, IBM Notes and Web Mail shadow copies using "View attachments" contextual menu item in the Shadow Log Viewer for DeviceLock Service and DeviceLock Enterprise Server in DeviceLock Management Console and the Shadow Log Viewer in the DeviceLock Enterprise Manager console.
- DeviceLock: Added new audit log report: "DeviceLock policy changes". It shows all granular policy changes, the time the change was made and the name of user who made the change.
- DeviceLock: DeviceLock Tray Notification Utility now able to show history of all shown notifications.
- DeviceLock: Added new DeviceLock Enterprise Server parameter: "Session volume limit for data collection (MB)". Using this option, administrators can limit the volume of data collected from DeviceLock Service for each data collection session. DeviceLock Enterprise Server will only transfer from managed endpoints the volume of data specified in this parameter and then move this endpoint to the end of the queue to collect the remaining data later. This option is designed to prevent endpoints with large amounts of shadow data from delaying the timely collection of data from other endpoints.
- DeviceLock: Added new SMTP alert feature variable: "%COMP_IP%". This optional variable returns a comma-delimited list of all network addresses (IPs) associated with an endpoint.
- DeviceLock: Improved performance for Removable devices when Content-Aware Rules and Shadowing settings for Removable are set.
- DeviceLock: DeviceLock has been enhanced to be compatible with Citrix XenApp / XenDesktop 7.6.
- DeviceLock: Enhanced audit action by eliminating redundant audit notifications when Content-Aware Rules block "TS Devices – Clipboard" operations that include "text" and "images".
- DeviceLock: Improved Type and Reason specification when auditing Insert actions for whitelisted USB devices.
- DeviceLock: Improved notification algorithm for "Protocols blocked message" and "Basic IP Firewall blocked message" to suppress redundant and duplicated notifications.
- DeviceLock: Resolved issue that caused DeviceLock notification messages ("USB/FireWire blocked message", etc…) not to pop-up when a user was not logged in.
- DeviceLock: Resolved issue that caused "USB/FireWire blocked message" not to show when a blocked USB or FireWire device was inserted.
- DeviceLock: Improved compatibility with third-party software products: Infocage FileShell, AVAYA meeting, Trend Micro OfficeScan 11.0, GoToMeeting, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
- The user manual has been significantly updated for easier overall reference and to include information about all new v8.1 features.
DeviceLock DLP Suite components are priced on a modular basis. DeviceLock, a leading port and peripheral device access control component, can be purchased independently. As all components are included in any Suite’s installation, customers interested in the ContentLock and NetworkLock add-on components can deploy their DLP functionality incrementally by simply turning on additional capabilities as their security requirements demand and budgets allow.