Top menu

Topic: «All saved files are 0 bytes in size»

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Fatmir Sadiku

User profile

Hello,

I have restored an older DB of version 6.2.1, and all the Store paths and server names are the same, I can see the shadow and audit logs, and everything looks fine, but there is a problem.

When I am trying to save a file by right clicking on the Shadow log, the save process just blinks very fast and it "saves" the file, bu when i try to open the file it does not open, I also checked the file size, and it is zero.

I tried several types of files and documents with various sizes, and all of them are 0 bytes.

Please help,
Fatmir
Posted: 08/09/2008 15:32:58

Fatmir Sadiku

User profile

I have another problem also,

I have temporarily installed version 6.3, and then removed it from my Enterprise server.

Now when I install 6.2.1, I cannot connect to my enterprise localy, using local DeviceLock management Console, i get the message with title "DeviceLock - ServerConnect error! (7049), "the product version on the client and server machine does not match"

I am very sure i removed the version 6.3, and i installed 6.2.1, 100 times over and over again.

When i install the console on another machine, I can connect but i cannot save files (see the original post).

Please help,

Thanks a lot,
Fatmir Sadiku
Posted: 08/09/2008 15:38:55

Pavel Yusov

Uninstall DL, then delete following DLL files from system32 folder:

dlapi.dll
ntvsd.dll

and these registry branches:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\SmartLine Vision
HKCU\SOFTWARE\SmartLine Vision

After that, install DL again.
Posted: 08/11/2008 12:21:58

Fatmir Sadiku

User profile

Thanks a lot Pavel,

You have solved a part of my problem (re-installing Dlock Server, and connecting to Local Console again), but I still have problem with saved files being 0 bytes in size.

I am using the local console on the Dlock server, and the DLSTORE, is on local hard Disk, with path E:\DLSTORE, the SQL Server is on a different sever.

Just to give you an example, I am trying to save a file with size 256.17 MB, and when i save it locally on the desktop of the server the size of the file appears to be 0 bytes.

Can you please tell me what is going on with these files.

Thanks a lot,
Fatmir Sadiku
Posted: 08/11/2008 14:30:01

Ekaterina Vavilova
Technical Support Engineer
Editor

User profile

Fatmir Sadiku wrote:
and when i save it locally on the desktop of the server the size of the file appears to be 0 bytes

Do you have "shadow zero-lenth files" option enabled?

It could be antivirus software process scanning copied file.
Posted: 08/11/2008 15:26:47

Fatmir Sadiku

User profile

yes the option is enable, but I am not trying to save a zero lenght file.

The files are huge, but when i save them, they are 0 bytes.

The file size in DLstore is big, but when i save it through my console, it becomes 0 bytes.

I have the files in the DLSTORE, but I cannot retrieve them!

Please help!
Posted: 08/11/2008 16:24:52

Ekaterina Vavilova
Editor

User profile

Fatmir Sadiku wrote:
The files are huge, but when i save them, they are 0 bytes.

Save from Shadow Log Viewer to local disk, or else?
So originally the file is of real size and after you save it from Shadow Log it becomes 0 bytes?
Does a new record appear about this "zero-lenth" file in Shadow Log, or does the real size of original file change to "0 bytes" in current record?

Posted: 08/12/2008 13:13:39

Fatmir Sadiku

User profile

Dear Ekaterina,

1. I am using local console, Shadow Log viewer to save to local Disc. The DLSTORE is on local drive E:\ and I am saving files locally.

2. exactly the way you understood it (the file in the Shadow Log Viewer is for example with size of 100 MB, but when i save it it becomes 0 bytes)

3. the file size on the shadow log displays the same, but when i save it (the process of saving the file lasts less than 1 second, and the saved file is 0 bytes in size.)

I have sent some screen-shots on your support email yesterday. If you do not have access to that email address, please provide me with another address where i can send more details.

Thanks a lot,
Fatmir

Posted: 08/12/2008 15:19:29

Ekaterina Vavilova
Editor

User profile

Mention, there's a Trouble Ticket #9513, it would be more convenient to communicate within it.

Check, whether your account (the one you're using when saving shadow files) has rights on SQL Server and on DLSTORE folder?

Posted: 08/18/2008 17:37:52