Top menu

Topic: «Reports in "Generating" status...»

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Bob Murching

User profile

Two issues/questions. I have collected some DL data (this is 7.0) and am trying to generate some reports.

1. When I run a report in DeviceLock Management Console, I create a new report, specify a date range and click OK. It shows up in the console as "Generating" and sits there in that status forever. No report actually shows up. Choosing a filename doesn't help. Specifying email destination doesn't help... the report never generates.

2. So I thought, maybe I can just skip the reporting (which is somewhat limited) and create my own reports since the backend is in SQL Server. Unfortunately it looks like only basic info is in MSSQL, and the actual audit trail data is stored in binary files in c:\windows\dlstore on the server running the enterprise service. So, is it not possible to report on the data except outside of the ~ 10 canned reports that come with the product?
Posted: 03/15/2011 22:26:47

Jennifer Bousquet
Technical Support Engineer
Editor

User profile

1. When I run a report in DeviceLock Management Console, I create a new report, specify a date range and click OK. It shows up in the console as "Generating" and sits there in that status forever. No report actually shows up. Choosing a filename doesn't help. Specifying email destination doesn't help... the report never generates.

This issue has been resolved. Forwarding your inquiry to Technical Support so that we may provide you with a new build of v.7.0 to test your reports on.

2. So I thought, maybe I can just skip the reporting (which is somewhat limited) and create my own reports since the backend is in SQL Server. Unfortunately it looks like only basic info is in MSSQL, and the actual audit trail data is stored in binary files in c:\windows\dlstore on the server running the enterprise service. So, is it not possible to report on the data except outside of the ~ 10 canned reports that come with the product?

This is correct. The Audit data is stored in binary files. You would need to use the DeviceLock Reports in order to report on the data.
Posted: 03/15/2011 22:34:09

Jennifer Bousquet
Editor

User profile

Report generation problem resolved through Technical Support by upgrading to 7.0 29814
Posted: 03/16/2011 00:04:54

Claudia Vargas
cvr451

User profile

I have the same problem, where I can get that update?
Posted: 03/16/2011 22:38:02

Jennifer Bousquet
Editor

User profile

Please send a request to support@devicelock.com stating that you are experiencing a problem generating reports in v.7.0 and we will send you the a build to test.
Posted: 03/16/2011 22:45:28