Top menu

Topic: «Strange one with Lexar JumpDrive Secure II Plus USB Drives»

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ed Braiter

User profile

Hi.

A user went from an older machine to a new one. Both ran Win XP SP3. He uses a Lexar JumpDrive Secure II Plus USB drive where he has full access to the drive as long as he logs in.

So on his old system he had no problems acessing the vault. On the new system, he gets denied access when trying to mount the vault. Same DL version (DeviceLock 6.4 Build 19425). He has admin right on his system.

Ideas?
Posted: 05/26/2009 18:40:20

Ed Braiter

User profile

OK. Unsure if this is the reason. We recently bought a bunch of new systems. I didn't kill off the old computer accounts as I put the new ones in and we were just over our license limit.

Strangely, as administrator, I could access the vault but he couldn't.

Only other thought that it could be was that DL was installed before the user ever used the vault software [which you run off the drive and is not installed].
Posted: 05/26/2009 19:00:04

Roman Gaditskiy

Most likely it is a permissions related issue. Can he access the vault when permissions are set to everyone:full access for all devices.
Posted: 05/26/2009 21:01:32

Ed Braiter

User profile

Wasn't a license issue. Still happening....

Roman Gaditskiy wrote:
Can he access the vault when permissions are set to everyone:full access for all devices.

Wouldn't that open access to everyone?

I can't see what would change. As I said we give permissions based on the user that is logged in. If "John" has full access in the permissions for a drive, he should be able to access it on any computer in the company [but I guess with admin rights].

He has local admin rights on his old and new system.

Obviously with DL not installed, he's fine.
Posted: 05/27/2009 17:41:13

Pavel Yusov

Moved to support, ticket #11603
Posted: 05/28/2009 10:18:45