Top menu

Topic: «USB whiletlist issue», Access refused

« Previous topic | Next topic »

martinho moreira

User profile

Hello,

I set a usb storage device (device model) in the usb whitelist for one user.
I also unchecked control as type to allow access for usb level and removable model.
But my user can't access the usb device, it seems blocked in removable check with action open.

For information, i use a virtual machine with windows XP Sp3.

Do I miss something?

Posted: 05/03/2011 14:26:44

Jennifer Bousquet
Technical Support Engineer
Editor

User profile

The WhiteList resides locally on the machine it is applied to, therefore the VM will not see it and will not allow access if DeviceLock and settings are installed on the host/physical machine. In order for the VM to see it, you must install DeviceLock on the VM itself (which will require the use of one of your licenses as it is another endpoint) and apply the White List and settings to the "registry" of the VM.
Has this been done?
Posted: 05/03/2011 17:31:31

martinho moreira

User profile

My VM runs with Vmware ESX server.
But I also try it with a physical machine but it's the same.
I'm using the last version of devicelock.
Posted: 05/03/2011 17:47:13

Jennifer Bousquet
Editor

User profile

Please send a request to support@devicelock and include a copies of both a PnP Report and your Permissions/Auditing Report so that we can see the device and your settings.

For the Permissions/Auditing Report:
Run DeviceLock Enterprise Manager => Scan => Select Report Permissions/Auditing (check all the flags excepting the "Report Available Devices Only" one in the plug-in's Settings) => Scan. Save the displayed data to a file of .anm format and send the file with your email to support.

We will also need a PnP Devices report generated for the machine with the problem device connected.
Run DeviceLock Enterprise Manager => Scan => Report PnP Devices (make sure that all flags are checked in the plug-in's "Settings...") => select problem machine from the list of Computers=> Scan.
Save the displayed data to a file of .anm format and send the file with your email to support.
Posted: 05/03/2011 19:07:11

martinho moreira

User profile

It's done
Posted: 05/03/2011 19:25:34

Jennifer Bousquet
Editor

User profile

Thank you. Your email has been received and we will review the information and get back to you as quickly as possible.

Posted: 05/03/2011 19:42:25