DeviceLock Releases Version 8.2 of its Award-Winning Data Leak Prevention Solution
DeviceLock, Inc., a worldwide leader in endpoint data leak prevention (DLP) software, today released an important update of its award-winning DLP solution. Version 8.2 of DeviceLock DLP provides an array of new features and enhancements across all its modules with significant improvements for virtualized environments, email/IM control, relationship reporting as well as an enhanced NetworkLock engine.Important Version 8.2 enhancements include:
- Virtualized Environments Needing Content-aware DLP – Added support for content analysis, inspection and filtering of files transferred to mapped drives in virtualized RDP/ICA/RDS/VDI sessions.
- Enhanced WebMail, Outlook, and Instant Messenger Sender/Recipient Controls – Added ability to specify “allowed Send From” email hosts/addresses as well as “allowed recipient” email hosts/addresses based on SMTP addresses/IM names and email domains. This gives customers with SaaS hosted email (ex. GoogleApps, Office 365) and IM services the ability to specify allowed senders/recipients while preventing users from sending to/from unapproved accounts. Content inspection can also be applied to these communications using ContentLock.
- Relationship Reporting – Enables graphical viewing of linked relationships between users within the organization and with their external contacts to help identify activities for potential data breach risks.
- Enhanced NetworkLock Engine – A host of additional features, performance, and enhancements to better monitor and control data leaving the organization via cloud services, social media, messenger apps, Torrents, and email.
- Core module compatibility with Apple OS X v10.12 (Sierra) for Macintosh and DeviceLock Enterprise Server support for Microsoft SQL Server 2016
- Click here for a full listing of Version 8.2 new features and enhancements.
“Data leaks and breaches continue to be a major threat for organizations in 2017, and DeviceLock again has met the challenge with the release of Version 8.2, says Ashot Oganesyan, founder and CTO, DeviceLock. “Version 8.2 is the culmination of over 20 years of continuous development and refinement of our award-winning DLP product and sets a new industry benchmark for features, functionality, ease of implementation and use. Our customers are constantly dealing with new threats to their data and DeviceLock V8.2 gives them the assurance they have deployed the highest level of data leak prevention in the market.
DeviceLock’s endpoint DLP Suite consists of three primary software modules - DeviceLock, NetworkLock and ContentLock for data in motion and data in use. Along with the separate DeviceLock Discovery module for scanning data at rest, DeviceLock protects any sized organization from endpoint data leak dangers across the widest array of threat vectors.
A major competitive advantage of DeviceLock is its support for virtualized environments, such as “remote desktops” or other virtual endpoints using the remote desktop protocol (RDP), Citrix or VMware. DeviceLock content filters the shared clipboard activities as well as “mapped drives” as a unique feature in the industry. Virtualized environments like these and expansive VDI/CaaS/DaaS implementations are growing in popularity, and DeviceLock’s newly enhanced contextual and content-aware Virtual DLP capabilities set it apart from other companies in the DLP space. Please contact DeviceLock for more information about Virtual DLP use-cases.
DeviceLock DLP was again awarded a perfect 5-star rating from SC Magazine, and has now received perfect scores in four of the last five years. The full product review can be viewed here: http://www.scmagazine.com/devicelock-endpoint-dlp-suite--devicelock-dlp-discovery/review/4601/
For more information on DeviceLock’s award-winning DLP solutions, please contact us at 925-231-4400 or email info (at) us.devicelock.com and talk to one of our endpoint security specialists.
About DeviceLock, Inc.
Established in 1996, DeviceLock, Inc. provides device control and endpoint data leak prevention software solutions to businesses of all sizes and industries. Protecting more than 7 million computers in more than 70,000 organizations worldwide, DeviceLock, Inc. has a vast range of corporate customers including financial institutions, state and federal government agencies, classified military networks, healthcare providers, telecommunications companies, and educational institutions. Based in San Ramon, California, DeviceLock, Inc. is an international organization with offices in Vancouver, London, Düsseldorf, Moscow and Milan.